The rectal/colon enema tube is gently inserted as
far as possible into the colon
| A rectal/colon enema tube is sometimes used for giving enemas
when you wish to inject the solution further up into the
Several inches of the enema tube is lubricated ( Super Salve) and inserted into the rectum, then the solution flow is started, then as the enema progresses more of the rectal enema tube is inserted deeper into the colon.
|Once your enema bag has the correct amount of solution. Suspend the
enema bag at a height that will ensure a comfortable flow of solution. Lubricate a few
inches of the colon tube. Lie down on your left side in a comfortable spot and insert the
colon tube. How the colon tube is inserted varies between individuals. Here are some
1. NEVER force a rectal tube.
2. The best way to insert the Rectal tube is to insert the tube two or three inches and begin a flow of the enema to create a channel, then insert in stages, gradually.
3. A thin stiff tube could perforate the colon. A medium diameter, about 32 to 38 Fr. is a good size to use.
4. Each person will react differently to colon tubes, even when a 'channel' of water or solution is created. You might never be able to get the tube inserted completely and you should never force it.
5. It is not really necessary to insert the entire length of the rectal tube into your colon in order to accomplish a 'high enema'. Use time, patience and gravity to your benefit. Unless your colon is congenitally abnormal or something similar, the enema should be able to reach the 'high' areas of the colon.
6. Probably the best way to take a 'deep' colon tube insertion is to start out on your left side. Insert a few inches of tube and a few ounces of water and then, after the tube is 'in' about 10+ inches, turn over on your back, with hips elevated on a pillow or something to raise the buttocks a few inches. Obviously, it would be better to have someone else helping but that's not always possible for most people. Just remember that it's not necessarily how deep the colon tube is inserted but, rather, how far the enema solution reaches into the colon that really counts. This takes time, relaxation and listening to one's own body, to accomplish.
Slowly take the water from the enema over 5-15 minute period. Hold the enema solution another few minutes. Once you have taken the entire amount of solution and have retained it for the period of time desired, you can move to the toilet and let your colon cleanse itself.
Many people are finding that if they inject a few ounces of oil ( 2 to 4 ozs.) into the rectum before they start to insert the colon tube usually have less trouble with the tube insertion. If you are going to use oil for colon tube lubrication, the best oil to use is Extra-virgin Olive Oil.
You can Use your back button to return to the previous page.
qualaity enema and colonic supplies + much much more
visit Enema Supply.Com
You will be
absolutely amazed at the supply of herbs and herbal products!!
If it's about
health...we're there! Yoga for the mind and body + an assortment of great products.
Coffee enemas have amazing benefits for detoxifying the liver. Try Wilson's.
Warning: Do not use
enemas or laxatives if abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present unless directed by
your health care provider.
Rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative or enema may indicate a serious condition.
Discontinue use and consult your health care provider.
Statements contained within these web pages are for informational purposes only,
and have not been evaluated by the FDA.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If pregnant or have an existing medical condition consult your healthcare provider before using an enema.